Thanks JS for these wonderful questions. I think these were the ones I wrote the longest answers for, so prepare yourselves. LOL
1. What's your favorite color in icons?
Blue. Especially soft blue with a hint of purple like in my recent default icon.
2. What type of icons would you like to learn to make next?
How to make the colors soft and still keep the image sharp and how to overlay textures over the images / blend in textures with the images without making the images blurry or barely visible. That’s a big problem I have a the moment and I’d love to learn how to do that the right way (still waiting for those tutorials – gonna keep bugging you till you post them ;)). Also I’d love to make simple but great looking icons like these
, especially the category and the AC ones
– can’t really tell which techniques were used, but making icons similar to those would definitely be my goal (tutorials again, PLEEEAAASSEE LOL).
3. Which do you prefer, chemistry, physics, or maths? If you only have to choose one. I KNOW IT'S HARD.
Yeah it’s hard, I HATE all of them! LOL But I guess I’d choose physics, just so I could understand my fiancée better – he has a PHD in theoretical physics and really likes to talk about it.
4. Who's your favorite band or artist?
Nickelback. Seriously, I like everything they do. And Within Temptation.
5. What do you hate most in fics (OOC, Mary Sues, bad grammar/spelling, cliches... or something else entirely?)
SEX!! LOL Well, to be honest that would be my answer. I just can’t stand sex, especially when it’s described vividly how he’s touching her. *shiver* Not good at all – being touched, especially on naked skin is something I just can’t stand so I hate to read about it. Hey, there’s a reason most of my friendships are online friendships. :D
6. Would you like to be part of elite icon comms one day, or would you say no even if they specifically asked you to join?
Oh, that’s a difficult but very interesting question I actually asked myself these days. I think I’m just about to concede to the fact that I AM an iconer. And I think it will take quite some time for me to get good enough to join an elite comm. But yes, I think I would like to apply one day, if only because I’d like to see if I can get in. The whole ‘you have to match our style perfectly or you won’t be accepted’ is, as bad as it is imo, actually quite intriguing from a scientific point of view. I mean I’d love to make a bunch of icons in their style and see if I get accepted, just so I can say ‘see, I knew it’. LOL
7. Every writer has at least one great fic or original story idea they haven't had the time/inspiration to start yet, but would like to write one day. Tell me about yours, if you do have one! :)
Oh, I have A LOT! Most of it is fanfic though, or at least in some small way inspired by a tv-show (I have this whole elaborate story based very loosely on one episode of ST:Voyager). That said, I like to leave the canon untouched, like I said, I lack the imagination to go non-canon, but I LOVE to imagine what happened after the series ended (that’s the reason I NEED a happy ending – if someone I love very much doesn't get a happy ending, the whole show is pointless for me – *cough* BSG *cough*). Since I guess you’d like it to be something you know about, meaning Farscape (most of my story ideas are Chuck related atm), I’ll stick to that.
The biggest one I have is little D and two siblings (Livvie and Jack – I like it when children have family names) coming to Earth and meeting up with Luke, Rani and Clyde from the Sarah Jane Adventures. I think that would make a great story, they could quibble about who saved the world more often, who’s the better shot and so on and so forth. Obviously Rani would have a sweet spot for Jack and Clyde would be jealous, while D and Luke would get along great as ‘leader’ of their respective group and Livvie would feel left out. :D
Yep, I thought about that a lot, but since I’m not a writer it’ll probably never see the light of day. LOL